Thank you so much for stopping by my page for a visit! For those of you new to WMUS, I'll give you a little bit of insight into who Mark Dixon is. For those of you who have been around for some time, you pretty much know everything about me. My life is pretty much an open book.
I've come by my career in broadcasting honestly, having grown up in Kalamazoo as a son of a radio disc jockey. My father was a DJ at WKZO and was the long time "voice" of TV Channel 3 (WKZO, currently WWMT). Years later, my career in radio began in 1978 in the small town of Ottawa, Ohio. From there I had a short stint in Lima, Ohio. Since 1988 my family has called WMUS and West Michigan home.
My interests are bicycling, deer and turkey hunting, bowling, golf, and computers (I've become quite a geek late in life.). I also enjoyed coaching my son in soccer when he went to Fruitport
You probably know that I'm not shy about bragging and talking about my grandkids, Katelyn and Brendan on the air either!
• 9 a.m Downtown Muskegon - Starts at the county building, to Clay, west on Clay to Hackley Park.
• 9 a.m Holton - High School to Veterans Memorial.
• 10:30 a.m Lakeside - Lakeside Veterans Club to McCracken, to Lakeside Cemetery
• 10:30 a.m North Muskegon - Gaylord and Horton to Laketon Cemetery.
• 10:30 a.m Whitehall - Colby to the WW II Memorial
• 10:30 a.m Montague - Dowling to Covell Park.
• 10 a.m Ravenna
• noon Fruitport - Old Fashioned Days - Middle School to 3rd St., to Park St.
• noon Twin Lake
I don't know this drivers name but he is my new idol!